I design, synthesize and characterize innovative organometallic objects for targeted applications in catalysis. I am specialized in the handling of highly reactive metallic compounds under inert atmosphere and I have a large expertise in inorganic chemistry with elements from across the periodic table (Nb, Ta, Al, Co, Rh, Ir, Lanthanides, Th, U). My current research interests deal with Surface OrganoMetallic Chemistry (SOMC) and cooperative effects in catalysis, and especially in catalysis at metal pairs.
I am exploring new synthetic approaches for the preparation of tailored organometallic molecules associating two distinct metal centers at close proximity. Through advanced characterization and modelization of the resulting metal-metal pairs I wish to advance knowledge regarding the electronic structure of these entities, in relation with their reactivity.
I develop original Surface OrganoMetallic Chemistry (SOMC) methodologies to prepare well-defined and highly dispersed heterobimetallic supported catalysts featuring engineered active sites at a molecular level. Through immobilization I can achieve metal species having unconventional low-coordinate structures not achievable in solution and featuring unique reactivity.
I target cooperative mechanisms between two distinct metal centers in order to promote original chemical reactivity which differs from, and ideally surpasses, that of its two parent metals. I have notably illustrated this concept for the activation of CO2 & C-H bonds.
This research is funded by the ERC Starting Grant DUO. Click here for more information!
Selected publications on these research themes:
1. Escomel, L.; Abbott, D. F.; Mougel, V.; Veyre, L. ;Thieuleux, C.; Camp, C. Chem. Commun. 2022, 58, 8214–8217. https://doi.org/10.1039/D2CC02139K
2. Escomel, L.; Del Rosal, I.; Maron, L.; Jeanneau, E.; Veyre, L. ;Thieuleux, C.; Camp, C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143 (12), 4844–4856. https://doi.org/10.1021/jacs.1c01725
3. Del Rosal, I.; Lassalle, S.; Dinoi, C.; Thieuleux, C.; Maron, L.; Camp, C. Dalton Trans. 2021, 50, 504–510. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0DT03818K
4. Lassalle, S.; Jabbour, R.; Del Rosal, I.; Maron L.; Fonda, E.; Veyre, L.; Gajan, D.; Lesage, A.; Thieuleux, C.; Camp, C. J. Catal. 2020, 392, 287–301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcat.2020.10.016
5. Lassalle, S.; Jabbour, R.; Schiltz, P.; Berruyer, P.; Todorova, T. K.; Veyre, L.; Gajan, D.; Lesage, A.; Thieuleux, C.; Camp, C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141 (49), 19321–19335. https://doi.org/10.1021/jacs.9b08311
For a full list of publications, please check: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8528-0731
My research activity is highly collaborative.
I continuously supervise undergraduate students, PhDs and post-docs in the laboratory. Currently, Léon Escomel (PhD Student) is working on the preparation of innovative iridium-aluminium compounds.
I am also collaborating with established scientific experts worldwide (non-exhaustive list, in alphabetical order)
• Pr. John Arnold, Actinide Chemistry, UC-Berkeley, USA.
• Dr. Iker Del Rosal, Computational Chemistry (DFT), LCPNO, INSA-Toulouse, France.
• Dr. Emiliano Fonda, XAS, Synchrotron SOLEIL, Saint-Aubin, France.
• Dr. David Gajan, High-field advanced solid-state NMR, CRMN, ENS-Lyon, France.
• Dr. Jules Galipaud, XPS, Centrale-Lyon, France.
• Dr. Erwann Jeanneau, X-ray diffraction, ISA-Lyon, France.
• Dr. Anne Lesage, High-field advanced solid-state NMR, CRMN, ENS-Lyon, France.
• Pr. Laurent Maron, Computational Chemistry (DFT), LCPNO, INSA-Toulouse, France.
• Pr. Victor Mougel, Electrocatalysis, ETH-Zürich.
• Dr. Elsje Alessandra Quadrelli, Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Ircelyon, Lyon, France.
• Dr. Chloé Thieuleux, Nanochemistry and Catalysis, CP2M, Lyon, France.
• Dr. Laurent Veyre, Electron Microscopy and Characterization of Solids, CPE-Lyon, France.
43 Bd du 11 Nov. 1918
(B. P. 82007)
69616 Villeurbanne CEDEX FRANCE
+33 (0)4 72 43 17 67 (team PCM)
+33 (0)4 72 43 17 94 (team MMAGICC)
+33 (0)4 72 43 17 56 (Communication)